Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Editing Changes

     After loading all of my footage up to my computer, I am not super happy with the quality of the video. I shot the footage with my IPhone 5S. So, I am going to solve this issue by going back and shooting the film with my camera, which produces a rather decent quality. Luckily, my footage is all shot within my home using the family calendar that I have available at all times. Also, originally I was going to write the opening credits over the footage through IMovie, but after looking at the footage on my computer, I decided that I am going to handwrite the credits within slots on the calendar so that it plays in with the plot centered around my family. 
     Today in class my teacher showed us an example of a film opener and creative critical reflection produced by one of her A level students. After seeing this, I have a much better understanding of what my creative critical reflection needs to contain and produce overall. I am leaning towards doing either a podcast or a screencast in order to convey all of the information that I need to include. Seeing the film opener also made me much more confident with my idea for my opener. 
     I want to make sure that I convey through the opener that this film is about an average family with all of its cooky and messed up aspects. I will also be conveying that there will be a romantic comedy aspect to the film through the beginning of the opener by focusing on the February page of the calendar featuring everyone and their significant other and then me kissing a skeleton man, who is even leaning away from my kiss. I am very excited to complete my project and put it out there for others to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment