Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Decision Day!

I'VE MADE MY DECISION!
     Due to my extremely sunburnt skin, I was lying awake at two in the morning pondering my thoughts. The main thought I chose to ponder was the plot of my film. I concluded that I will be focusing on the plot centered around a schizophrenic girl who hallucinates a boyfriend. The film opener will consist of the girl speaking to this boyfriend and will then jump to a shot from an onlooker's perspective showing the audience that this boyfriend isn't actually there. I think that if my film was to continue, the plot would progress to try and get across to the girl that she is schizophrenic and that her boyfriend doesn't actually exist. It is quite the stretch from my original plot of a love story, however, there will still be some love story aspects between the girl and her imaginary boyfriend. I am very comfortable with the idea of this because I feel that I will be able to execute the film opener to the best of my ability. I personally find films centered around mental illnesses o be fascinating because it is amazing what the mind is capable of conjuring up. I have a paranoid schizophrenic uncle, so the topic is somewhat personal to me. I am deciding on locations to shoot, and I am considering using my best friend and her boyfriend to play my main characters. Originally, I always envisioned myself when I was imagining my film, however I would not be able to execute the best shots nor would I be able to capture my vision in the best way possible if I am not the one behind the camera. I am planning on shooting all of the scenes for the opener over spring break, which takes place in less than a week. I feel that spring break will give me sufficient time to go deep within the filming and editing process to produce my best possible work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment