Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What to film about...

     You never really realize how many topics this vast world contains until you try to sit down and select a specific one. Do I want to film about one person or a collective group of people with individual stories that somehow mesh together? Should the film center around a horror genre? Should it be a love story with some sort of creative twist? There are so many decisions to be made with so many different options. In the beginning, I wanted to film something with a plot focused on something I can relate to: in my case that was the topic of an eating disorder. However, after deeper thought, I do not feel that I can produce something that would do such a strong and heavy topic justice. The idea still bounces around in my mind just because who else better to tell the story or a character facing an eating disorder other than someone suffering from one themselves? I am personally a strong romantic, and I have seen hundreds and hundreds of romantic movies, only causing my lovestruck teenage-ness to grow. I have considered doing a film with this genre, however I feel it is easily overdone and would get lost amongst all the other typical love stories. Many of my nerves were eased when I was informed by my beyond amazing instructor, Mrs. Stoklosa, that the quality of my filming (camera clarity, etc) would not be graded, only the quality of the images and story line behind them would be. My excitement for this project grows daily. I have decided to do some more research on independent and home-made films in the hope that something will inspire me...

No comments:

Post a Comment