Monday, March 9, 2015

The Back Story Behind the Love Story

     The research has begun! The first information I uncovered were two different parts or types of love stories. There is the central love story which focuses on the two main characters and their struggle of falling in love and trying to stay in love. With this type of love story, the writer can feature as many different subplots as they choose. Another part of the romance genre is the emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending. With this type of romance, the characters struggle and fight for their love and are rewarded with unconditional love and emotional justice in the end. There are also sub-genres within the romance genre. There are romantic comedies and romantic dramas. I am undecided whether or not I want my plot to be dramatic or comedic. I think that I want to have drama within my plot, yet I do not want the film to be solemn and boring, so I would also use comedy to make the plot more appealing. 
     The audience of romance films  are those generally that can relate to the plot or aspire to have the life featured within the plot. My target audience will be that consisting mainly of all women, beginning at the adolescent years and moving up to the elderly. I would want to advertise the film as a date night movie in order to include some male demographics, whether they are choosing to see the film or they are being forced to see it on date night. 
     In order to prevent my film from being overdone, I want to not only focus on the love story, but also a sub-story, whether it be a coming-of age aspect or a tragic, saddening aspect. I will also incorporate a wide variety of shots and editing to entice the audience and prevent the film from becoming boring. I will include the potential use of cliff hangers, relatable characters, realistic story lines, and a big-dramatic ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment