Thursday, March 12, 2015

Trying to Talk About a Love Story with Two Boys...

     In desperate need of help... from my two boy group mates. One of my dilemmas for my plot is how o establish it without eliminating the male demographic. One of their suggestions was to incorporate some aspect of non-realism such as magic. I think this would be a great idea if I could find a way to film it without it becoming cheesy. I could possibly do my intro of home-made clips of the couple, and then jump to her at his grave. I would throw in a twist with her possibly being the cause of his death, whether supernatural or out of anger. Or, maybe I could do a plot where her boyfriend is imaginary. The plot could almost turn out to be that she is schizophrenic. However, this would be something the audience should find out at the end of the movie, but I would want to demonstrate it in the opening two minutes. I would attempt to do this by showing her see him and then cut to a third person's perspective where the audience sees that he isn't actually there. I would show this at the end of the two minutes in order to retain the suspense. Before I decide to do this story, I want to try and come up with a plot-twisting ending. This plot twisting ending could maybe be she is trapped in a parallel world where everyone else is schizophrenic and cannot see him, yet she is normal. Haha I don't really know how I would want to twist this plot, however I am enjoying the idea of having my main character be schizophrenic and the boyfriend not actually existing. So many decisions and possibilities! This project is a mind-twisting issue for someone as indecisive as myself. Cross your fingers I can finalize my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment